Al-Shabaab Terrorists Executes Two Own Men by Firing Squad, Accuse them Being Spies

Al-Shabaab terrorists in Somalia on Monday morning 27/2/2017, killed two own men by firing squad accusing them of been double agents.

The two men were accused of spying for government soldiers in Hiiraan region of Somalia.

The two identified as Ahmed Yusuf Hassan, 26; and Ahmed Nur Abdi Osoble, 20; were killed by an Al Shabaab firing squad in Buq-Aqable in front of hundreds of people to instill fear of collaborating with government and allied forces.

Al-Shabaab Islamists group often carries out executions, especially when there are military operations in their bastions.

Earlier this month, Al-Shabaab terrorists publicly beheaded four men in Lower Jubba accusing them of spying for Kenyan forces and SNA forces.

In November 2016, the terrorist group beheaded five civilians in Tieglow town in Somalia’s Bakool region for collaborating with security troops.

Source: Strategic Intelligence News (SIN)

Advertisements

Detained Alshabaab woman defiant in confession

mama.jpg

A Woman arrested by Somali intelligence in Mogadishu on Saturday confessed has of being a member of the militant Islamist group Alshabaab.

Leyla Omar Baruud (pictured above)  who hails from El Dheere in Galgudud some 500 km from Mogadishu shocked the journalists present when she said she had been ready to be used as a suicide mission.

She said she underwent military training in the Alshabaab held town of El Dheere.

Leyla  said she believes in the ideology taught by Alshabaab and accused the government of failing to apply The Islamic Shariah.

She accused referred the government leaders as apostates.

Leyla Omar Baruud remains under police custody and her grilling continues.

Source: Radio Dalsan

BREAKING: Al-Qaeda’s deputy leader killed in Idlib drone strike

1-26-696x464.jpg

The Al-Qaeda deputy leader, Abu Khayr al Masri, has reportedly been killed in a drone strike in Syria’s Idlib governorate.

The U.S drone strike targeted the leader at Al-Mastoumeh in Idlib, neutralizing him immediately.

This will prove to be a devastating blow to the terrorist group, and it is not immediately clear who will replace the notorious leader.

In recent months, the US-led coalition have been conducting drone and airstrikes against terrorist targets in Idlib governorate.

SOURCE: almasdarnews.com

Pentagon seeks to expand fight against extremists in Somalia

The Pentagon wants to expand the military’s ability to battle al-Qaida-linked militants in Somalia, potentially putting U.S. forces closer to the fight against a stubborn extremist group that has plotted attacks against America, senior U.S. officials said.

The recommendations sent to the White House would allow U.S special operations forces to increase assistance to the Somali National Army in the struggle against al-Shabab militants in the fragile Horn of Africa nation, the officials said. They said the proposal would give the military greater flexibility to launch airstrikes against extremists that appear to be a threat.

Beefing up the military effort in Somalia fits with President Donald Trump’s broader request for a Pentagon plan to accelerate the U.S.-led battle against the Islamic State group in Iraq and Syria, and defeat other extremist groups, including al-Qaida and its affiliates. U.S. concerns about al-Shabab escalated in recent years as young Americans from Somali communities traveled to training camps in Somalia, raising fears they might return to the United States and conduct terror attacks.

Somalia was one of the seven predominantly Muslim countries included in Trump’s travel ban last month. The executive order has since been suspended by federal courts.

Somalia is “our most perplexing challenge,” Gen. Thomas Waldhauser, the head of U.S. Africa Command, said in an interview with The Associated Press.

The United States is “trying to take a look at Somalia from a fresh perspective in the way ahead,” he said, describing the need to weaken the decade-old al-Shabab insurgency so that the African nation’s military forces can defeat it.

Waldhauser declined to provide details of the new options that have been proposed.

But other officials said elements include giving U.S. special operations forces greater ability to accompany local troops on military operations against al-Shabab and easing restrictions on when the U.S. can conduct airstrikes against the group. The officials weren’t authorized to publicly discuss the confidential review and spoke on condition of anonymity

Currently there are about 50 U.S. commandos rotating in and out of Somalia to advise and assist the local troops. The new authorities could result in a small increase in the number of U.S. forces in Somalia, officials said.

Defense Secretary Jim Mattis has approved the recommendations and sent the plan to the White House earlier this month, they added. But no final decisions have been made, and the proposal could prove politically sensitive because of the disastrous downing of two U.S. helicopters over Mogadishu in 1993 that killed 18 American troops.

The White House declined to comment, deferring questions to the Defense Department.

Somalia has been without a truly functioning government for two-and-a-half decades. After warlords ousted dictator Siad Barre in 1991, they quickly turned on one another, making Somalia infamous for its extreme rates of violence and the proliferation of pirates operating off its coasts. Security has improved in recent years as international efforts against al-Shabab gained ground.

After the bodies of American soldiers were dragged through the streets of Mogadishu when the helicopters were shot down, the U.S. withdrew from the country. Since then, Islamist hard-liners have vied for power and al-Shabab’s attacks have spread to Uganda and Kenya.

Some of the U.S. officials with knowledge of the new military proposal said it is aimed at improving the U.S. advisory mission because the African Union is planning to pull out its 20,000 peacekeeping forces in Somalia in 2020. Observers say Somali troops are unprepared to fight the extremist threat on their own.

Currently, U.S. forces can transport and accompany local troops. But they must keep their distance from front lines and can only engage the enemy if they come under attack or if Somali forces are in danger of being defeated. The new proposal would give U.S. forces the ability to move along with Somali troops into the fight if needed.

While the American military right now can conduct airstrikes in self-defense or to protect Somali troops if they come under attack and request help, the new authorities would be broader.

Officials said that under the new recommendations, the military would be able to launch airstrikes against militants on a more pre-emptive basis. For example, the U.S. could target al-Shabab fighters gathering for an attack rather than waiting until friendly forces were under fire.

Al-Shabab has been ousted from most Somali cities and towns, but its suicide bombers continue to kill across large parts of the south and center of the country. That includes Mogadishu, the capital.

Somalia’s new president, Mohamed Abdullahi Mohamed, inaugurated Wednesday, warned that it will take another two decades to “fix” his country. Mohamed, who also holds U.S. citizenship, won election earlier this month as Somalia tries to restore effective governance.

Waldhauser said the U.S. sees an opportunity to work with Mohamed to “train the Somalia national security forces to a level that they can take on al-Shabab on their own.”

SOURCE: AP

Al Shabaab returnee killed, grenade recovered in Kwale

Detectives in Msambweni, Kwale county have gunned down a most wanted terror suspect.

The officers recovered a hand grenade, a thunder flash explosive and a detonating cord with a fuse.

The suspect, Mohammed Juma Mwamuraji, 44, was on police radar since his return from Somalia.

The operation was conducted by officers from the Anti-terrorism police unit (ATPU) and flying squad based in Diani.

A police source who sought anonymity told The Star that the suspect was among the several returnees who are being trailed.

“We acted on intelligence reports. Raided the home of a suspected al-shabaab operative within Mbuwani village, Mbongwe sub-location. He is one of the most wanted returnees from Somalia.”he said.

After the suspect was ordered to surrender, he confronted the officers with a hand grenade whose make is yet to be established and in the process he was fatally shot.

It was later established that the deceased was married to a Tanzanian woman namely Kimolo Batuli Waziri.

“His wife is a Tanzanian, ID number 724468 and holder of Tanzanian passport no. AB 448779′, said the officer.

According to 2016 statistics, Kwale county topped in Alshabaab returnees, followed by Kilifi, Mombasa and Lamu.

Newly posted Msambweni police boss Joseph Chebusi confirmed the incident and thanked members of the public for the good cooperation.

He also added that the raids will be conducted until the war on Shabaab comes to an end.

“The officers are keeping vigil and on lookout every second. We will trail them even if they hide in skies,”he said

SOURCE: THE STAR

Al Shabaab returnee killed, grenade recovered in Kwale

hand-grenade

 

Detectives in Msambweni, Kwale county have gunned down a most wanted terror suspect.

The officers recovered a hand grenade, a thunder flash explosive and a detonating cord with a fuse.

The suspect, Mohammed Juma Mwamuraji, 44, was on police radar since his return from Somalia.

The operation was conducted by officers from the Anti-terrorism police unit (ATPU) and flying squad based in Diani.

A police source who sought anonymity told The Star that the suspect was among the several returnees who are being trailed.

“We acted on intelligence reports. Raided the home of a suspected al-shabaab operative within Mbuwani village, Mbongwe sub-location. He is one of the most wanted returnees from Somalia.”he said.

After the suspect was ordered to surrender, he confronted the officers with a hand grenade whose make is yet to be established and in the process he was fatally shot.

It was later established that the deceased was married to a Tanzanian woman namely Kimolo Batuli Waziri.

“His wife is a Tanzanian, ID number 724468 and holder of Tanzanian passport no. AB 448779′, said the officer.

According to 2016 statistics, Kwale county topped in Alshabaab returnees, followed by Kilifi, Mombasa and Lamu.

Newly posted Msambweni police boss Joseph Chebusi confirmed the incident and thanked members of the public for the good cooperation.

He also added that the raids will be conducted until the war on Shabaab comes to an end.

“The officers are keeping vigil and on lookout every second. We will trail them even if they hide in skies,”he said

SOURCE: The Star

Attacks on officers worrying National Police Service

police

More than 20 police officers have been attacked, some of them killed, by the public in the past two weeks, in a trend that is now worrying the National Police Service.

Reports from the Police Headquarters indicate that some officers have lost firearms in some of the attacks and the whereabouts of one officer are yet to be known.

In Nyando, Constable Mike Karimi was attacked by four armed men as he crossed the Nyando River Bridge on February 7.

Mr Karimi was beaten and his official firearm taken. The pistol was loaded with 15 rounds of ammunition. The injured officer was rescued and rushed to Nyando Sub County hospital for treatment.

Four days later, Police Constable Geoffrey Kasyoki Kamuya, 39, from Nduluni village of Kasikeu location, Tetu sub-county in Nyeri County, was killed by a mob in Mangala on suspicion that he led an illegal group of youths.

On the same day, Constable Kipkemoi Bore, who was attached to Cheptoo Operation Camp in Gilgil, was abducted by unknown men as he went to fetch water in the company of four other officers.

“The officers had left the camp for the Catholic Mission Hospital in a police Land Cruiser. They alighted and started walking towards the water point. On reaching it, the officers discovered that Constable Bore was missing. A search was initiated and information from wananchi stated that he had been attacked by six people who were armed with crude weapons,” the Police Headquarters was told.

G3 RIFLE

Villagers joined the search for Constable Bore and in the process, recovered his official G3 rifle, which was loaded with 60 rounds of ammunition in a thicket in the area. The whereabouts of the officer was unknown by the time of going to press.

The next day, in another incident in Kapenguria, a police officer was shot dead on the Kapenguria-Lodwar Highway.

Administration Police Constable Job Ewoi, 26, who was one of six officers manning a roadblock, was shot dead by bandits armed with AK47 rifles.

Another senior police officer, Inspector Barnabas Tonui of the Baricho Police Station was injured on February 13 after he and his colleagues were attacked by an irate mob, as they provided security in the execution of a court order for the demarcation of land in Mugumoini village in Nguguini.

A mob of about 200 youths armed with machetes and rungus attacked and beat Inspector Tonui and a surveyor. The officer managed to shoot twice in the air to disperse the crowd.

Another officer, Mr Dickson Kipngetich, attached to Bomet Deputy Governor Alfred Mutai was attacked by an unknown number of people as he walked to his house near Kings Outreach on Saturday.

The officer managed to shoot in the air four times using his pistol, scaring off his attackers, one of whom was apprehended by the public. Investigations into the incident have been initiated and other suspects are being sought by police.

HURLED STONES

Other incidents in which officers have been attacked and injured include one in Mathakwa Shopping Centre, where the public, protesting an increase in road accidents, turned against officers, hurled stones at them and injured them.

In Starehe, Nairobi, Mr Evans Kariuki, the brother of Mathare MP Stephen Kariuki, was attacked by a mob when he went to collect his ID card, on suspicion that he had gone to manipulate voters.

Officers who tried to help him were also attacked.

Several other incidents have been reported at the Police Headquarters, among them, one where two officers were injured during a mission to rescue Mr Mohammed Ali, 34, who had been intercepted by an angry mob in Ntulele on suspicion that he shot and killed one Stephen Kariithi. The crowd beat up Mr Ali and burnt his car before the officers arrived.

On Thursday, National Police Spokesman George Kinoti said the incidents, though worrying, were part of what officers go through in the line of duty.

“The environment that the officers work in is dangerous because we deal with criminality and disorder,” Mr Kinoti said, adding that the attacks on officers do not stop them from doing their work.

He, however, attributed the situation to the transformation in the police service.

“Officers no longer react with an intention of harming anyone despite having a firearm. They must justify the use of firearm at all times,” said Mr Kinoti, adding that the proliferation of firearms was a big challenge and sometimes, officers are caught off-guard by attackers.

source: Daily Nation